Saturday 28 September 2013

Murad Pore & Line Minimizing Hydrator

I was recently invited to attend the unveiling of Murad's latest innovation, "RepleniCell", manifested in the form of their Pore & Line Minimizing Hydrator [sic]. It was also a chance to meet Dr Howard Murad and his son Jeff, who masterminds product development. Murad is a family run company and has spearheaded many beauty innovations which we today take for granted. Indeed, their T Zone Pore Refining Gel is a major favourite of mine, and uses two of Murad's most famous breakthroughs: pomegranate, and glycolic acid.

The Pore & Line Minimizing Hydrator claims to turn water into an active rather than passive ingredient by using osmolytes (small water attracting molecules). Someone in the crowd queried whether this meant all Murad products would be adapted to capitalise on the new RepleniCell technology, to which Jeff seemed hesitant. I certainly hope Murad does not tamper with either of my skincare stalwarts,  T Zone Pore Refining Gel or the amazing Oil Control Mattifier. I've tried the Pore & Line Minimizing Hydrator and I've already used a sizeable amount, it is very light and gel like. I find it a bit silicone feeling, but my skin is very pernickety. Some Murad products seem to not work on my oily yet over stressed skin, such as the Hybrids primer. But, it is very early days and I - like the 1240 women surveyed by Murad - do worry about pores just as much as I worry about wrinkles. I remember the days when my skin really was poreless (sigh). Dr Murad spoke about the importance of diet and exercise and general physical and emotional health being inextricably connected to skin health, which is an all too often undermined fact. Indeed, he will be launching a new book called 'Creating a Healthy Life' (out around mid November). After all, beauty and clear skin at its most basic is a subconscious affirmation of good health and therefore being an attractive mate! We are but simple beasts.

For now I am inclined to say this will not replace my firm favourite, Murad Oil Control Mattifier, which I have noticed not only mattifies but also seems to make pores and blemishes smaller - But I will  continue to test the Pore & Line Minimizing Hydrator and obviously if I notice dramatic and yearned  for results I will update....

Pore & Line Minimizing Hydrator swatch


The Pore & Line Minimizing Hydrator is £49.50 here

PS... Check out QVC this Sunday (29th) at noon for Murad's launch! Apparently there'll be some great deals so be sure to check it out, Jeff will be co-hosting with Alison Young. Oh and phone in if you've got a major Murad fave to brag about! QVC really are top trumps for skincare nowadays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels