Sunday 1 August 2010

Saucy Rain from Eyeko



Two new limted edition polishes from Eyeko: Rain, a grey blue; and a repromoted - and I hear, reformulated Saucy, a deep yet fun red.

I loved Saucy first time around, so I was glad to see "reformulated" wouldn't affect my opinion. To be honest it seemed basically the same.

Rain is an original mix of baby blue and grey, and although it has shimmer on close inspection, it applies as a creamy matte polish. I noticed it had a strong nail varnish scent à la Barry M, but aside from that it was the expected Eyeko formula - 2 coats and you're away!

As always I will quote one of Eyeko's charming, and accurate, descriptions. "Eyeko Rain Polish: Here comes the Rain...but there's always a silver lining and 2 coats of the grey-blue hue will put a smile on your face."

Since discovering Eyeko polishes, I must admit I have rarely been tempted by high end £12 a bottle variations. I think nails are one beauty product that you can economise on, and no one will suspect. Indeed, my Eyeko Posh nails has had many impressed compliments: how did I manage to get Chanel Particuliere?

With Seche Vite on top, these bottles hold the key to luxe nails.... Highly recommended. Eyeko offer free shipping and from my experience, they always arrive nicely wrapped, and fast. They even offer paypal for extra convenience. These polishes are £3.50 for a rather generous 8.5ml.

Available individually from the Eyeko website. And currently you can get these in sets of three shades for £8.50.

Swatches:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels