Thursday 19 February 2009

Review: Steam Cream




British Beauty Blogger wrote about this last year and it sounded very interesting, and more recently, Musings of a Muse, a great expert, and not prone to waxing lyrical without cause- gave this a spotlight piece, resplendent with an interview which dispelled any doubts that this cream was anything less than, in her words, "the secret and solution to life, the universe, and everything".


I've been using humble little Nivea Oil Free moisturing lotion daily, after abandoning all my Lancome jars, and I haven't looked back since. But I was completely arrested by that piece, and at an affordable price (A 75g jar is £9.95 from Liberty's and Whiteley's in London, or available online with low shipping) -I couldn't wait to give it a go.


The jar itself is very pretty ( I went for the classic red rose design) and a good size, fits into your palm in the same vein as a Nivea blue tin but more substantial.

The cream itself is infused with all sorts of good stuff- Oatmeal, orange flower water..... and then a multitude of oils: Lavender oil, Jojoba oil, Neroli oil, Camomile blue oil, Almond oil, and all topped off with Cocoa butter. It has the overriding smell of Lavender to it though.

As soon as I put it on, it felt 'wrong'- way too rich; my skin seemed horrified to be subjected to all that oil. I guess I should have checked if the Muse had greasy/combination skin first really...

For dry skin possibly this is the wonder drug. But on me, within moments - literally, my skin broke out in an angry itchy rash!!! Whether this is an allergy or a reaction to the oils it's imbued with, I can't say. But I haven't changed anything else in my routine, so I'm currently blaming Steam Cream unless I can think of another culprit. This has been a traumatic experiment.

It even feels too heavy for my body. I am not a fan. This may be excellent for eczema or very dry skin, but if you are oily to combination I would steer clear! Oh well, back to Nivea eh? Although, I am now tempted to investigate another raved about moisturiser, Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Cream... or, as Lollipop26 suggests, getting Sudacreme nappy rash cream?!

............ What are your tips for a great moisturiser? I need to start thinking about anti-aging, so please help!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels