Tuesday 26 April 2011

Fit for Royalty

...Although what does that mean in this day and age? hmm. Well jaded as some may be, we can all agree that one of the high points has to be MORE MAKEUP! And as I have already declared my allegiance to Bare Minerals High Shine Eyecolour, I am thrilled to see a new shade launched in celebration of the impending Royal Wedding.

I have already analysed Kate Middleton's favoured neutral look, and I must admit this new addition, Rose Gold, is a colour she herself would be delighted with. High Shine Eyecolours are in general very vibrant, but Rose Gold is softer and can even be worn sheer if desired. When I first saw it in the tube, I worried it would be too warm for me, like MAC Melon et al - but in fact this applies as a very pretty peached gold, as if infused with glinting sunlight. As per the previous releases, this works even without a base, resisting creasing with panache. Combined with an eyeshadow base these would last through even the most enthusiastic Royalist street parade. Unfortunately this perfect Royal Wedding colour is only available from June.

Despite its subtlety, this makes eyes look captivating. I will definitely be relying on this for my classic bronzed beachy face. Rose Gold is very aptly named. And, it achieves a luxurious gold which is not trashy. Excellent!






Available from June at Bare Escentuals Boutiques, select Department stores, spa and salons and online. Priced at £15

Stockist info: call 0800 028 7187

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels